If you haven’t yet caught on to the data revolution and associated visualizations that are going on, the below list is a great place to start.
I have been tweaking this list for some time, but have settled on the current iteration for the time being. I am always open to suggestions so if you think there is one that needs to be here, let me know.
I do subscribe to all of the sites’ associated RSS feeds and though I do not check them every day, I get inspired every time I do.
If you are looking for a ‘user guide’ or ‘how to’ book on the subject matter, I cannot recommend enough the FlowingData book - Visualize This: The FlowingData Guide to Design, Visualization, and Statistics. Worth every penny.
Here is the list:
- AIGA: Information Design
- ChartsBin’s Latest updates
- information aesthetics
- Jerome Cukier
- JESS3 Blog
- We Love Datavis
- InfoDesign: Understanding by Design
- Information is Beautiful
- Data Visualization
- Infographic Police
- The nexus of data, art and science is where the interesting stuff happens (radar.oreilly.com)
- Plotting the Expansion of the US Through Post Offices (infosthetics.com)
- Visual Data Web – Visually Experiencing the Data Web (visualdataweb.org)
- Visual Complexity: Mapping Patterns of Information (coolhunting.com)