It is summertime and despite its usual association with BBQs, vacations and being a general time of relaxation, I am busier than ever. What is keeping me so busy? In no particular order of importance (translation: they are all of equal importance):
- Job search (I graduate in December, hint hint)
- Building a data product (I will post details on this closer to its launch)
- Working on developing the Data Science program at the iSchool
- Studying for the PMP exam in August
- My Data Science article on Wikipedia
Despite some possible posts/pictures of our meal of the week, there will not be too much activity on this blog. In the meantime, here are some links to recent projects to keep you busy (click the TITLE to be taken to the slideshare page of the content):
Census Data Set Mining (Team Data Analyst)
- Formulated and executed strategies for obtaining and preprocessing data.
- Utilized Classification and Clustering methods to analyze data.
- Compared results of the two sub-data sets.
- Matched analysis with real world applications and generated final report.
Researched features, processes and current trends in project management in Health Care Delivery culminating in a comprehensive 39 page report.
Made recommendations to Health Care Executives to adopt certain approaches toward achieving excellence in IT project management.
Group received top score in class for both written and verbal presentation and defense of paper.
Performed global analysis of strategic IS practices in Agribusiness.
Research areas included Industry Demographics, Total Industry Size, Main Products & Services, Top Global Companies by Market Share, Financial Analysis of the Industry, R&D Spending, IT Spending, Extent of Globalization, Industry Strategic Analysis, Competitive Rivalry in the Industry, Threats of New Entrants, Threat of Substitute Products or Services, Bargaining Power of Customers, Bargaining Power of Suppliers, Strategic Information Systems Analysis, Supply Chain Management, Communication Technologies, Customer Relationship Management, Precision Agriculture